As Daddy Cries
He clutches me tightly,
And with a solemn face,
Carries me through the door,
My feet far from the floor.
Strangers consume us as
We walk the lonely halls.
As Daddy softly cries,
I reach and wipe his eyes.
We reach an open door,
And slowly enter in.
There she quietly lies,
Peaceful, like the blue skies.
"Sweetie, she's with Jesus,"
He whispers in my ear.
As Daddy softly cries,
I reach and wipe his eyes.
I sadly push my head,
Deeply into his chest,
And tears fall through my hair,
Though I don't know from where.
People come and greet us,
Faces both old and new.
As Daddy softly cries,
I reach and wipe his eyes.
We again go see Mommy,
This time to say good-bye.
And the casket closes,
Surrounded by roses.
We follow the casket,
It stops as pastor speaks.
As Daddy softly cries,
I reach and wipe his eyes.
It moves to the middle,
And we sit down in pews,
Me on my Daddy's lap,
Closing in every gap.
Grandpa sings to Mommy,
And Grandma sheds a tear.
As Daddy softly cries,
I reach and wipe his eyes.
We slowly leave my church,
And get into our car.
We reach an iron gate,
And solemnly we wait.
Rocks stand up everywhere,
Names carved in their faces.
As Daddy softly cries,
I reach and wipe his eyes.
The pastor says some more,
As Mommy's lowered down,
Down, down, into the ground.
We leave without a sound.
At the church we all smile,
And laugh with lots of glee.
And Daddy doesn't cry,
'Cuz we've said our good-bye.
1 comment:
Wow. That is so touching and amazing. I almost cried when I read it. Good job. It was beautifully written. I love this blog; it's such a neat idea.
Post a Comment